Making a difference in an uncertain world...
21st July - 27th August
Social Innovation Conference 2020 online
Social Innovation Conference or SICON is about exploring and celebrating social innovations that are making a difference in Australia and around the world. This webinar series will feature a range of social changemakers who have taken a unique path to lead a life of passion and dedication towards making social impact. SICON 2020 online will include panelists who are making a difference across a range of social issues including mental health, domestic and family violence, disability and ageing, employment and refugee policy amongst others. We will also talk to inspiring individuals who are re-designing systems and pivoting their businesses to address the challenges that lie ahead as the world grapples with the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you are thinking about how to make a difference in a changing and uncertain world, SICON online is the conference you need to attend to build your personal roadmap for building a better world. See you at SICON (virtually of course)!
SICON 2020 online events
- 27 Aug 2020, 3:00 pm – 3:45 pmWebinarIn this SICON2020 finale session, we talk to Professor Israr Qureshi about how to go about building a post-COVID19 world. Prof Qureshi will discuss the nature and extent of the impact, a vision for the future and how we go about creating it.
- 27 Aug 2020, 11:00 am – 12:00 pmWebinarJoin us to unpack the great social innovation work being done in the ACT. In this webinar, Andrew Mehrton, a senior executive in ACT government, illuminates us on the amazing social policy work being done, and its ripples on the ACT social change ecosystem.
- 26 Aug 2020, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm AESTOnline eventWomen and e-Commerce (WE) is an online marketplace created in response to lockdown. Now almost 500,000 women in Bangladesh are using the platform to sustain their livelihoods. Hear the incredible impact that WE is making from the adviser of this innovation that has resulted in economic empowerment.
- 25 Aug 2020, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pmOnline eventProfessor Deborah Loxton and Dr Jananie William are passionate advocates and researchers of women’s health. Together they are working towards understanding the lifetime health implications of women who experience domestic violence through data.
- 24 Aug 2020, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm AESTOnline EventJoin us as we journey into the future ways of work (FWOW). We will discuss ways to create a safe place that fosters innovation, knowledge transfer, whilst enhancing employee mental health. Our aim is that you will walk away feeling excited and driven to meet the future of work challenges head-on!
- 21 Aug 2020, 4:00 pm – 5:30 pmOnline eventIn this session we explore the ABC Heywire Trailblazers program with Executive Producer Daniel Hirst about how the program has been creating future leaders from rural and regional Australia. We will also speak to some of the graduates of the program who are making their mark in the world!
- 19 Aug 2020, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm AESTOnline WebinarHere we discuss research insights into how to manage hybrid enterprises, or social enterprises. Drawing upon a two year research partnership between UTS Business School and The Wayside Chapel, Associate Professor Danielle Logue discusses their co-authored guidebook “Managing Hybrid Enterprises".
- 13 Aug 2020, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm AESTOnline eventLearn what social impact investors are looking for from a seasoned social business entrepreneur and impact ecosystem builder. Shazeeb M Khairul Islam is managing director of YY ventures, a social business accelerator program that is mentored by Professor Muhammad Yunus.
- 04 Aug 2020, 4:00 pm – 5:30 pmOnline EventA look inside social enterprises that are creating jobs for homeless and differently-abled youth.
- 23 Jul 2020, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pmOnline eventRebecca (Bec) Scott is the CEO of one of Australia's most innovative and successful social enterprises STREAT. Dr Sally Curtis is a leading researcher and educator in the field of social innovation at ANU. This keynote event will discuss what it's taking to change the world's food system!